What will beat you:
1) An inconsistent mental approach
3) Giving up easy buckets (transition)
4) Not believing details matter
5) Not executing defensive cycle
Mistakes – Listen, apply, and improve
Roles – Understand, define, fill, and accept
3 things Wooden said about captains / leaders
1) You must be hardest workers – price of greatness is responsibility
2) Take care of the stuff off the floor
3) Let coaches take care of the rest
A couple bullets for players!
· Guards try to create space / posts try to take up space
· Catch ball with your feet, eyes, then hands – in that order
· Shot Fakes – 2” shot fake, keep eyes on target and up, knees bent
“You are always a better athlete if you’re in a stance and in proper position.” DM
“Peace is not the absence of trouble, trial, or torment, but the calm in the middle of it.” DM
"stolen from many..."
I will post thoughts, confidence builders, and other stuff to have an open "notebook" for basketball junkies to read... I hope you enjoy!